Tourism Grant Program
News and Announcements
On July 18, 2023, the Board of Supervisors approved the recommendations contained in the staff report for the Fiscal Year 2024 Tourism Grants.
- 07-20-23: News Release: Board of Supervisors Approves Loudoun Tourism Grants for Fiscal Year 2024
- 07-18-23: Staff Report: FY 2024 Restricted Transient Occupancy Tax Funding Tourism Grants Funding Recommendations (PDF)
About the Tourism Grant Program
- Note: This program is separate from the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Tourism Grant Program. Find more information about the ARPA grant program here.
Nonprofits, municipalities and businesses in Loudoun County are invited to apply for funding for projects to attract regional and national visitors to Loudoun County.
Loudoun County’s Tourism Grants are designed to help support initiatives that bring more visitors to Loudoun County, increase overnight stays in Loudoun hotels, and enhance the overall attractiveness and marketability of Loudoun County as a destination. These may include new or enhanced attractions, events, programs, or marketing campaigns.
Funding from the program is to be spent solely on initiatives that increase tourism or qualifying tourism promotions consistent with state code and the Board of Supervisors’ Restricted Transient Occupancy Tax (TOT) funding policy.
Grants 101 Training
This training, offered in both video and slideshow format, provides a general review of grant application terminology, grant sources, writing strategies, and tips for stronger applications.
- Webinar Opens a New Window. : What to Know Before You Apply
- Slide Presentation (PDF) Opens a New Window. : What to Know Before You Apply
For more information, email the Loudoun County Department of Finance and Procurement, or call 571-258-3482 Opens a New Window. .