News and Announcements
Loudoun County Seeks Proposals from Rental Property Owners & Developers for Project-Based Vouchers
The Loudoun County Department of Housing & Community Development will accept proposals from December 8, 2022, through January 23, 2023, from the owners of rental properties to contract with the county for Project-Based Vouchers (PBVs). PBVs will be awarded to rental property owners for assistance tied to specific housing units, which may be newly constructed or rehabilitated rental housing. PBVs may be awarded to the owners of affordable rental housing who provide fully accessible housing for people with disabilities, in accordance with federal regulations for accessibility and Housing Quality Standards. Housing units that are fully accessible and compliant with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 will be given priority.
Proposals will be evaluated based on an owner’s experience and capability to manage or build rental housing as identified in the proposal. Proposals should address and include the following:
- The extent to which the project deconcentrates poverty and expands housing and economic opportunities.
- The extent to which it fulfills a critical housing need identified in the Unmet Housing Needs Strategic Plan (UHNSP).
- A site location near transportation, education and employment centers.
- If applicable, the extent to which services for special populations are provided on-site or in the immediate area for occupants of the property.
- Location in a census tract undergoing significant revitalization as a result of federal, state, or local dollars invested in the area.
- Location in a census tract where there are meaningful opportunities for educational and economic advancement.
Proposals must be submitted electronically by email no later than 5:00 p.m., January 23, 2023. The Loudoun County Department of Housing & Community Development reserves the right to not award PBV contracts.
For more information about the proposal review process and submission procedures, please review the materials posted below.
- Project-Based Voucher Announcement and Program Overview 2022 (PDF)
- Project-Based Voucher Proposal Requirements 2022 (PDF)
- Project-Based Voucher Proposal Review Criteria and Submission Instructions 2022 (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Project-Based Voucher Administrative Plan (PDF)
For More Information
Contact Tandi Butler at 703-771-5204 or by email.