Loudoun County Now Accepting Proposals from Rental Property Owners For Project-Based Vouchers
The Loudoun County Office of Housing is now accepting proposals from the owners of rental property to contract with the county for Project-Based Vouchers (PBV). PBVs will be awarded to rental property owners for assistance tied to specific housing units, which may be newly constructed or rehabilitated rental housing. PBVs may be awarded to the owners of affordable rental housing who provide fully accessible housing for persons with disabilities.
Proposals will be considered in the following priority order: fully accessible and compliant with Section 504 of the Code of the Federal Register housing units and/or studio units, and/or one-bedroom units.
Proposals will be evaluated based on owner experience and capability to manage or build rental housing as identified in the proposal. Proposals should address the following:
- Extent to which the project deconcentrates poverty and expands housing and economic opportunities.
- Fulfills a critical housing need.
- Has a site location proximate to transportation, education, and employment centers.
- Notes, if applicable, the extent to which services for special populations is provided onsite or in the immediate area for occupants of the property.
- Location in a census tract undergoing significant revitalization as a result of federal, state, or local dollars invested in the area.
- Location in a census tract where there are meaningful opportunities for educational and economic advancement.
The Loudoun County Office of Housing may accept proposals for PBV assistance from rental property owners who were competitively selected under another federal, state, or local housing assistance program, including projects that were competitively awarded Low-Income Housing Tax Credits on an ongoing basis.
Proposals will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. Proposals must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on January 25, 2021. The Loudoun County Office of Housing reserves the right to not award PBV.
All proposals should be mailed to:
Janelle A. Beverly
102 Heritage Way NE
P.O. Box 7400
Leesburg, VA 20177