Northstar Boulevard: Evergreen Mills Road (formerly Shreveport Drive) to Route 50
- This project will design and construct a new four-lane, median divided segment of Northstar Boulevard from Evergreen Mills Road (formerly Shreveport Drive) to U.S. Route 50. The project scope includes a 10 foot wide shared use path on both sides of the roadway and a traffic signal at Evergreen Mills Road. At the northern end of the project, a new bridge will carry Northstar Boulevard over North Fork Broad Run. Arcola Mills Drive will then be realigned to the south to intersect with Northstar Boulevard.
- In conjunction with new construction, the project will improve two intersections:
- The intersection at Youngwood Lane will be realigned from its existing intersection with Racefield Lane to a new connection with Northstar Boulevard. This new connection will become the western end of the planned Dulles West Boulevard.
- Racefield Lane will be reconstructed and widened, and it will become the primary access point to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Arcola Area Headquarters.
- Once constructed, the new 1.6 mile segment of Northstar Boulevard will serve as a minor arterial roadway from John Mosby Highway (Route 50) to Evergreen Mills Road (formerly Shreveport Drive). It is also part of what will be a 14 mile, uninterrupted corridor extending from Route 7 south to the Prince William County line.
- Funding for the project includes a $25 million Fiscal Year 2017 Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER) discretionary grant from the U.S. Department of Transportation. Funding for this $90 million project is also provided by VDOT, the Northern Virginia Transportation Authority (NVTA) and Loudoun County.
- State Project: 9999-053-R29 / Federal Project: STP-5B01(103), (104), (105) / UPC: 106994
- Loudoun County, Federal Highway Administration, VDOT, and NVTA held a groundbreaking ceremony to celebrate the beginning of construction on February 24, 2023.
Current Phase: Construction
- Learn about project phases and milestones.
- Visit the Capital Projects Active and Planned in Loudoun County interactive map to view projects in your area, including this one.
- Winter 2023 - Winter 2024: Construction
- Winter 2024: Substantial Completion
- Winter 2025: Final Completion
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates on Northstar Boulevard: Evergreen Mills Road to Route 50.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- Northstar Boulevard - Evergreen Mills Road to Route 50 Pardon Our Dust Meeting - May 15, 2023
- Northstar Boulevard Evergreen Mills Road to Route 50 - June 2022 Exhibit (PDF)
- Draft Environmental Assessment May 2019 (PDF)
- Public Meeting Exhibit 07-01-2019 (PDF)
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
- If you have questions about this project, email county staffor call
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call