COVID-19 Needs Assistance
Basic Needs Assistance
- Contact the Information and Referral (I&R) program to connect with health and human services resources, including Child Care Assistance, Employment Services, Food Resources, Housing and Homeless Services, Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services, Older Adult Services and Public Benefits.
- During business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., excluding holidays:
- Call 703-777-0420
- Language interpretation services are available at no cost
- After hours and on the weekend:
- Assistance From A Distance: Receiving Assistance While Keeping Your Family Safe
English (PDF) | Spanish (PDF)
- Quick Reference Guide to Non-Profit Services in Loudoun County
English (PDF) | Spanish (PDF)
Loudoun County Resources and Services (Español)
The Food Assistance interactive map helps residents search food assistance sites, including food banks, pantries and non-school meal distribution sites.
Dedicated Shopping Hours
The Dedicated Shopping Hours interactive map helps residents search grocery stores and pharmacies with designated hours for vulnerable individuals by street address. These shopping hours are designated for older adults, as well as individuals with underlying health issues or compromised immune systems, who are at greater risk of complications from COVID-19.
- If you're facing eviction as a result of the financial impact of COVID-19, find important resources from the Virginia Department of Housing and Community Development.
- StayHomeVirginia.com: A website for housing-centered information about programs, services and resources to help Virginians who have experienced job or income job and other impacts due to the COVID-19 crisis. It includes guidance on how to work with landlords, financial institutions and other to sustainably utilize temporary eviction and foreclosure protections during this crisis.
- Mortgage and Housing Assistance During the Coronavirus National Emergency: a joint website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA), and the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) with information and resources for homeowners and renters during the coronavirus pandemic.
- Foreclosure Prevention Resources (PDF)
- Relief Programs for Homeowners (PDF)
- Relief Programs for Landlords and Realtors (PDF)
- For tenants paying rent late or unable to pay rent, Loudoun County urges these residents to take the following actions:
- Submit a written request to your rental management company
- Ask for an installment plan
- Ask to waive late fees or penalties
- Find more information about what to do if you are facing possible eviction.
- Learn about the Loudoun County Rent Assistance Program
- Learn about the Virginia Rent Relief Program
- Contact Information and Referral, during business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., call 703-777-0420. Language interpretation services are available at no cost. After hours and on the weekend complete the online form or send an email.
- For homeowners:
- For Virginia Housing Homeownership Loan Customers that be financially impacted by COVID-19 assistance is available, learn more.
- A federal law, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, puts in place two protections for homeowners with federally backed mortgages:
- A foreclosure moratorium
- A right to forbearance for homeowners who are experiencing a financial hardship due to the COVID-19 emergency
- Learn more.
- CARES Act-related fraud prevention tips and resources for borrowers (PDF) from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- CARES-Act related fraud prevention tips and resources for renters (PDF) from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Just Neighbors, a non-profit organization providing legal services to the immigrant community of Virginia.
- Legal Services of Northern Virginia, a non-profit law firm providing free legal advice to low-income, elderly, and disabled individual and families in a number of areas including, unemployment claims, housing: evictions and foreclosures and protective orders.
The Loudoun Pet Pantry is a partnership between The Humane Society of Loudoun County, Loudoun County Animal Services and Loudoun Hunger Relief. Its mission is to help keep pets in loving homes by providing food supplies for families in need. Also, Loudoun County offers low-cost rabies vaccine and microchip clinics throughout the year.
Prescription Pick-Up & Delivery Service for Residents Vulnerable to Coronavirus
The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office is offering a prescription pick-up and delivery assistance program for the county’s senior residents and those who are more vulnerable to COVID-19. Interested residents should contact the Sheriff’s Office at 703-777-1021 to request this service. Residents may call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Deliveries will be made during normal business hours.
- WMATA Metrorail and Metrobus Operating Information
- Loudoun County Transit Operating Information
- Dulles Greenway Information
Utilities & Internet Providers
- Utility Assistance Program: Administered by Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Arlington and Loudoun Cares, this county-funded program makes direct payments to utility providers on behalf of Loudoun residents. Residential customers, including those in the seven incorporated towns, can request support with paying their utilities up to $1,750. These utilities include electric, water, and gas bills, and propane, oil, or wood, if used for heating or cooking. For more information, call the COVID-19 Emergency Fund and Helpline at 703-669-5040.
- View a list of utilities and information regarding COVID-19.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs’ Coronavirus FAQs: What Veterans Need to Know
- Virginia Department of Veterans Services’ Coronavirus Update
- For local information about services for veterans and family members, including immediate assistance, benefits, employment and training, contact the Loudoun County Veterans Program Coordinator at 571-258-3815 or by email.
- Email Veterans Services Program with your name and email address to be added to our email distribution list.
Receive updates from Loudoun County
Contact us with Questions