- Departments & Offices
- Transit & Commuter Services
- Silver Line in Loudoun County
Metrorail Silver Line in Loudoun County
Washington Metropolitan Area Transportation Authority (WMATA) provides Silver Line Metrorail Service to and from the Dulles Airport, Loudoun Gateway and Ashburn Metro Stations in Loudoun County.
Silver Line Extension - Open for service!
Loudoun County is building a reliable and efficient multimodal transportation network that includes the Silver Line, constructed by the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA), a 23-mile Metrorail extension of the regional Metrorail system into Loudoun County.
The Silver Line Extension began passenger service on November 15, 2022.
- Loudoun County's three stations - Washington Dulles International Airport, Loudoun Gateway and Ashburn are open.
- Loudoun County's parking garages at the Loudoun Gateway and Ashburn Stations are open.
- On November 16, 2022, Loudoun County's new Silver Line bus routes began.
- On November 19, 2022, Loudoun County and Comstock co-hosted a celebration of the opening of the Silver Line Metrorail extension in Loudoun County, at Loudoun Station.
Learn more from Metro
- Visit wmata.com/silverline
- View WMATA's Silver Line Extension Frequently Asked Questions
News and Announcements
- News Release: 1-16-23: Metro avoids rail service impacts; WMSC issues stay on rail operator training
- News Release: 1-16-23: Metro Appealing WMSC directives that sideline more than 50 certified rail operators, stall railcar return plan, and disrupt customer service
- News Release: 12-30-22: Loudoun County Resumes Silver Line Bus Fares Beginning January 3
- News Release: 11-16-22: Loudoun County announces promotional Silver Line bus fare waiver and free parking at garages (PDF)
- News Release: 11-16-22: Silver Line opening community celebration set for Saturday, November 19
- News Release: 11-15-22: Loudoun County launches new Silver Line bus routes and stops beginning November 16
- News Release: 11-15-22: Four things to know about the opening of the Silver Line Metrorail Extension in Loudoun County
- News Release: 11-15-22: Metro launches Silver Line Extension with opening ceremony; welcomes customers to #RideSilver to six new stations
- News Release: 11-7-22: Metro customers invited to ride the first passenger train to six new Silver Line stations
- News Release: 10-31-22: Get ready to ride the Silver Line, six new stations opening November 15
- For more information or answers to questions about the Metro Silver Line in Loudoun County, please call 703-771-5665 or email us.
- For more information or answers to questions about Metrorail service or stations, please call WMATA Customer Relations at 202-637-1328 or use their customer comment form.