Fiscal Year 2020 Budget & Fiscal Year 2021 Budget Process
FY 2021 Budget Adopted
The Loudoun County Board of Supervisors adopted the Fiscal Year 2021 (FY 2021) budget April 7, 2020.
- News Release: Board of Supervisors Adopts FY 2021 Budget; Lowers Tax Rate by One Cent; Budget Addresses Pandemic.
The adopted FY 21 budget document will be posted here once it is available. The fiscal year begins July 1.
Proposed Budget Presentation
- County Administrator’s Proposed FY 2021 Budget Presentation (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- News Release: County Administrator Presents Proposed FY 2021 Budget Opens a New Window.
- Proposed FY 2021 Budget Document: Volume 1 (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Proposed FY 2021 Budget Document: Volume 2 (CIP) Opens a New Window.
- Note: View the FY 2021 Proposed Budget Document section-by-section below.
Capital Improvement Program Presentation
The County Administrator presented the proposed FY 2021 Capital Improvement Program to a meeting of the Board’s Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee February 11, 2020.
FY 2021 Budget Work Sessions
The Board of Supervisors held work sessions on the FY 2021 budget in March. Links to documents prepared for the work sessions are posted here.
- Monday, March 2, 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 5, 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, March 9, 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 12, 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, March 16, 6:00 p.m. - Canceled
- Thursday, March 19, 6:00 p.m.
The Board’s Finance/Government Operations and Economic Development Committee held two work sessions on the proposed Capital Improvement Program..
Opens a New Window.
Revenue and Trends
General Government Administration
Public Safety and Judicial Administration
Health and Welfare
Parks, Recreation and Culture
CIP Executive Summary
- 7 - CIP Executive Summary
- 7a - Guide to the Proposed CIP
- 7b - Summary of the Capital Budget
- 7c - Factors Affecting the Proposed CIP
- 7d - New and Deferred, Removed, or Reprogrammed Projects
- 7e - Schedule of Appropriations
- 7f - Operating Impact Analysis
- 7g - Comparison Tables
- 7h - Schedule of Financing and Referenda
CIP Prevously Authorized Projects
CIP County Projects
CIP Transportation Projects
CIP Schools Projects
Debt Service Fund
Other Appropriated Funds
- 13 - Other Appropriated Funds
- 13a - Capital Asset Preservation Program Fund
- 13c - County OPEB Trust Fund
- 13d - Dulles Town Center CDA Fund
- 13e - EMS Transport Fund
- 13f - Greenlea Tax District Fund
- 13g - Housing Fund
- 13h - Legal Resource Center Fund
- 13i - Major Equipment Replacement Fund
- 13j - Metro Parking Garages Fund
- 13k - Public Facilities Fund
- 13l - Rental Assistance Program Fund
- 13m - Restricted TOT Fund
- 13n - Route 28 Special Improvements Fund
- 13o - State and Federal Grant Fund
- 13p - Tall Oaks Water and Sewer Fund
- 13q - Transportation District Fund
The Fiscal Year 2020 Program Review provides a comprehensive inventory and description of department programs, activities, and services with supporting performance measures. This document serves as a companion to the annual budget document and describes Loudoun County government services in greater detail.
The Loudoun County government’s adopted budget for Fiscal Year 2020, which began July 1, 2019, is made up of two volumes. Volume 1 includes the executive summary, general fund revenue and trends, and operating expenditures. Volume 2 includes the FY 2019-FY 2024 Amended Capital Improvement Program.
FY 2020 Budget Adopted
On April 2, 2019, the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors adopted the Fiscal Year 2020 (FY 2020) budget, which totals about $3.2 billion in total appropriations for the general county government and school system for FY 2020.
Where the Money Goes
Follow the dollar bill graphic below to view a representation of where tax dollars are used in Loudoun County under the Adopted Fiscal Year 2020 Budget.