What do I need to do to get my name corrected on my business tax account?
If this is strictly a name change and your tax identification number has not changed, fax or email us the new name. If the name change involves a new Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN), you will need to complete a new Business Tax Declaration as this is a new entity for tax purposes. Also, please do not forget to supply a written statement closing the original entity if it is appropriate. The office fax number is 703-777-0263 and the Business Tax Division e-mail is [email protected].

Show All Answers

1. How do I file my local business taxes?
2. How soon after the first of the year may I file?
3. Is there a late filing penalty for failure to file a return by the prescribed deadline?
4. How do I authorize someone else to file or act for my business?
5. I don't have a computer. How do I file?
6. I would like to send my information overnight, but UPS, FedEx, etc. will not use a Post Office Box for the address. What address do I use?
7. In reviewing the information I supplied to your office, I realized that I filed incorrectly. How do I make necessary changes?
8. What do I need to do to get my name corrected on my business tax account?
9. How do I change or correct my address on my accounts?
10. What do I need to do to close my business?
11. I am a manufacturer with idle equipment. How do I report idle machinery and tools (M&T)?
12. I operate a car wash. How do I report the equipment used in the cleaning of motor vehicles for business personal property tax (BPPT) purposes?
13. I need guidance on how to create and maintain an asset list.
14. I am a Bed and Breakfast Business Owner. Do I need to file and pay on property that I use both personally and for my business?
15. I need more business tax information on running a Bed and Breakfast in Loudoun County.