How do I authorize someone else to file or act for my business?

If you have a business representative visiting our offices, calling on behalf of the business, or filing online; please make sure that person is authorized to act for the company. If that person is not the owner, an officer, or member listed on paperwork previously filed with our office, he or she should not be able to file and will not be given information regarding that business other than what is public information. Written documentation signed by the owner/officer/member of the company authorizing such action may be required. Businesses may use their own format or request a form from the Business Tax Division.

Show All Answers

1. How do I file my local business taxes?
2. How soon after the first of the year may I file?
3. Is there a late filing penalty for failure to file a return by the prescribed deadline?
4. How do I authorize someone else to file or act for my business?
5. I don't have a computer. How do I file?
6. I would like to send my information overnight, but UPS, FedEx, etc. will not use a Post Office Box for the address. What address do I use?
7. In reviewing the information I supplied to your office, I realized that I filed incorrectly. How do I make necessary changes?
8. What do I need to do to get my name corrected on my business tax account?
9. How do I change or correct my address on my accounts?
10. What do I need to do to close my business?
11. I am a manufacturer with idle equipment. How do I report idle machinery and tools (M&T)?
12. I operate a car wash. How do I report the equipment used in the cleaning of motor vehicles for business personal property tax (BPPT) purposes?
13. I need guidance on how to create and maintain an asset list.
14. I am a Bed and Breakfast Business Owner. Do I need to file and pay on property that I use both personally and for my business?