When do I need to update my Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)?

The Construction General Permit requires the operator to update the site-specific SWPPP whenever there is a change in the design, construction, operation, or maintenance that has a significant effect on the discharge of pollutants to surface waters. Changes to the approved Stormwater Management (SWM) or Erosion and Sediment Control (E&S) plan must typically be addressed through review and approval of a revised land development application. However, minor changes to the temporary E&S controls can in some cases be addressed via "redlined" adjustments at the discretion of the Loudoun County Field Manager.

Changes to the SWPPP also require a Registration Statement Modification if they affect the information reported on the Registration Statement (with the exception of the estimated project start and completion dates). For the purposes of the CGP, modifications most commonly include increases to the permitted disturbed area. Please see the Permit Modifications, Transfers and Terminations page for additional information.

Show All Answers

1. Do I need VSMP / Construction General Permit coverage for my project?
2. What is the annual permit Maintenance Fee and why is it important?
3. When do I need to obtain coverage from both the county and the state?
4. What is the construction activity operator?
5. Who can sign permit documents on behalf of the “operator?”
6. How do I know if my project will be subject to the current or the “old” regulations?
7. If my property drains to an existing SWM facility, is SWM addressed for my project?
8. What is a Common Plan of Development or Sale, and how does it affect me?
9. When do I need to update my Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)?