During June — Homeownership Month — the Loudoun County Department of Housing & Community Development and its community partners will host three virtual events at no cost for people interested in learning more about owning a home in Loudoun County.
These workshops will provide information on Loudoun County homebuyer programs, financial literacy and a general housing market update.
- Overview of Loudoun County Homebuyer Programs: Wednesday, June 15, 2022, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
- Join staff from the Loudoun County Department of Housing & Community Development and Loudoun Habitat for Humanity to learn about the eligibility requirements and process to apply for the Affordable Dwelling Unit purchase program, the county’s down payment and closing cost assistance programs and Habitat for Humanity’s homeownership program.
- Foreclosure Prevention and Financial Literacy for Homeowners: Wednesday, June 22, 2022, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
- Join housing counselors, certified by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, from local nonprofit organizations, including Cornerstones, Latino Economic Development Center and Northern Virginia Family Service, for tips to increase your financial literacy as a homeowner and learn strategies for avoiding foreclosure.
- Loudoun County Housing Market Update: Wednesday, June 29, 2022, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Join representatives from the Dulles Area Association of REALTORS® for a report on the Loudoun housing market.
Registration is required for the workshops. For detailed information about each event and to register, and for more information about Loudoun County’s housing programs, visit loudoun.gov/housing.
# # #