As part of the ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Loudoun County is accepting donations of personal protective equipment (PPE) and will distribute the supplies to Loudoun-based health care providers and facilities in need.
Personal protective equipment may include:
- Surgical masks
- N95 respirators
- Disposable gowns
- Face shields
- Hand sanitizer
Any donated supplies may be opened, but must be unused. Individuals and organizations with personal protective equipment to donate should submit an online form with details about the available equipment at loudoun.gov/ppe. They will be contacted by a county representative to coordinate the donation.
The county is not able to accept homemade equipment, such as homemade masks.
Requests for Equipment
The county is also fielding requests from Loudoun-based health care providers and facilities in need of personal protective equipment. Requests can be made through a form online at loudoun.gov/ppe
The county has identified the following entities that are equally in need and will receive the donations collected by the county:
- Critical county and town government health care providers and emergency responders.
- Federally Qualified Health Centers and free clinics that accept referrals of ill patients that need evaluation and Coronavirus specimen collection.
- Assisted living and other senior facilities for whom PPE is recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Mass screening clinics.
- Outpatient providers who currently provide specimen collection and testing.
- Home health providers who are recommended to use PPE.
Donations will be distributed by the county to the facilities in need.
Loudoun County encourages residents to stay informed about COVID-19.
- Visit loudoun.gov/coronavirus for more information about how to protect yourself and your family and to sign up for email and text updates on COVID-19.
- Text LCCOVID19 to 888777 to receive text alerts from Loudoun County about COVID-19.
Residents with questions about COVID-19 may call the Loudoun County Health Department’s information line, 703-737-8300, or send an email.
# # #