Loudoun County Fire and Rescue and the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office (LCSO) will hold their 12th Annual Open House at the Dulles South Public Safety Center on Saturday, June 22, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Residents are encouraged to attend and meet executive staff of the LCSO along with members of the Dulles South Station staff and personnel from Loudoun County Fire and Rescue. Guided tours of the facility will be available, as well as Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office and Loudoun Fire and Rescue displays. Light refreshments will be provided. WINC-FM will be on site emceeing the event and providing entertainment. The Dulles South Public Safety Center is located at 25216 Loudoun County Parkway in Chantilly, Va.
Some of the highlighted activities and displays include:
- Fire and life safety trailer demo’s to include home escape planning and potential hazards in the home
- Fire and rescue apparatus to include the fire engine, tower/ladder truck, ambulance and hazardous materials response vehicles
- Inova Blood Donor Services Blood Mobile
- Loudoun-Dulles Lodge #69, Fraternal Order of Police Paddy Wagon
- Loudoun Sheriff’s Office vehicles and equipment
- Loudoun County Animal Services
- “Put a finger On It” smoke alarm program informational center
- Helicopter Flyover from the Fairfax County Police Department (approximately 12:30 p.m., weather permitting)
- Moon bounce!
The Dulles South Public Safety Center opened in 2007 and was the first Loudoun County combined Fire-Rescue and Law Enforcement station. The Dulles South Public Safety Center provides substantial public safety services to the community. The station also offers a community room available for public use to local nonprofit organizations.
# # #