Loudoun County election officials remind voters that absentee voting for the June 11, 2019, primary election begins Friday, April 26, 2019.
Anyone who would like to vote an absentee ballot in person may do so at the Loudoun County Office of Elections and Voter Registration, 750 Miller Drive SE, Suite C in Leesburg, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The final day to vote an absentee ballot in person is Saturday, June 8, 2019. The Office of Elections and Voter Registration will be open June 8 for absentee voting from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Voters do not have to apply in advance to vote absentee in person.
Voters who wish to return a ballot by mail may apply online to have an absentee ballot mailed to them through the Virginia Department of Elections. The deadline to request that a ballot be mailed is Tuesday, June 4, 2019, at 5:00 p.m.
There are a number of reasons that voters choose to vote absentee, including school, work, vacation or illness. Information on eligibility to vote absentee is online at loudoun.gov/absentee.
Voter Registration Deadlines
- Online Voter Registration: Monday, May 20, 2019, at 11:59 p.m.
- In-Person Voter Registration: Monday, May 20, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. at the Office of Elections and Voter Registration, 750 Miller Drive SE, Suite C in Leesburg
- By-Mail Voter Registration: The application must be postmarked no later than May 20, 2019.
Loudoun election officials encourage voters to stay informed by:
- Texting LCVOTES to 888777 to receive text alerts from the Loudoun County Office of Elections and Voter Registration.
- Signing up for the Election Update category in Alert Loudoun, the county’s email and text notification system.
- Following the Office of Elections and Voter Registration on Facebook and Twitter. Loudoun County Government also posts general information on Facebook and Twitter.
More information about the upcoming election and voting in Loudoun County is online at loudoun.gov/vote.
# # #