News and Announcements
- Effective April 17, 2023, the 20th Judicial Circuit: Loudoun County Local Rules and Procedures (PDF) rescinded and replaced the June 6, 2022, Loudoun County Circuit Court Resumption of Operations Plan and Order.
- New Standard Criminal Discovery Order (PDF)
In civil cases, the Circuit Court has concurrent jurisdiction with the General District Court over claims from $4,500 to $25,000 and exclusive original jurisdiction over almost all claims exceeding $25,000. The Circuit Court also has jurisdiction over divorce cases, disputes concerning wills and estates, and controversies involving real property.
In criminal cases, the Circuit Court has jurisdiction over the trial of all felonies (offenses that may be punished by commitment to the penitentiary) and of those misdemeanors (offenses carrying a penalty of not more than 12 months in jail) on appeal from District Court or originally charged in Circuit Court.
The Circuit Court also has jurisdiction over juveniles age 14 and older who are charged with felonies and whose cases have been certified or transferred by the judge of a Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court for trial in Circuit Court.
- View more information including details of when the court is in session Opens a New Window. ,
- Overview of the Circuit Court system in Virginia (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Opens a New Window. Fairfax County Circuit Court Opens a New Window.
- Fauquier County Circuit Court Opens a New Window.
- General District Court Opens a New Window.
- Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court Opens a New Window.
- Legal Information Institute Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
- Virginia General Assembly Opens a New Window.
- Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window. Virginia’s Judicial System Opens a New Window.
There are no published events in current month.