Building & Development
COVID-19 Service Adjustments
(updated August 13, 2020)
The Department of Building and Development lobby is closed to the public. In-person services are not available at this time.
- All services continue to be provided during normal operating hours, Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., through the phone, online, and contactless drop-off and pick up.
- For general permitting or land development questions, checking a permit status or to schedule inspections, customers may contact the department 703-777-0220, email or Loudoun Express Request.
Submit a Permit Application
Submit a Land Development Application
Please submit your completed, signed application in PDF format.
Once your application is received, you will get an email with an application/permit number and Bluebeam project ID.
Government Center Drop box: Submit other permit applications and land development applications in the Building and Development drop box in the first floor lobby of the Government Center 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- You must complete your application or form before you arrive at the Government Center.
- Get the forms here.
Once we receive payment, permitting and land development staff will notify you when the permit and/or plan has been issued or approved and is ready to be picked up.
Get Approved Permit
Choose from the following options to receive your permit and/or plans:
- Sent to you through U.S. Mail.
- Pick it up in the Permit and Land Development plan area in the Purcellville Room on the first floor of the Government Center, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Pick it up by appointment.
- In some cases, it can be emailed to you.
Department of Building and Development
The Department of Building and Development conducts oversight of all phases of construction within Loudoun County. This includes:
- Review and approval of construction and site plans
- Proper subdivision of land
- Issuing commercial and residential permits
- Inspections during the construction phase
- Final approval of projects for occupancy or use.