Mickie Gordon Memorial Park
- Mickie Gordon Memorial Park is Zoned AR2 and consists of nearly 100 acres. The park is located at 23229 Carters Farm Lane (Route 627) along John Mosby Highway (Route 50), Middleburg, VA.
- The park consists of baseball/softball and cricket fields, tennis courts, restrooms, and a pavilion, and offers a fishing pond and free parking.
- The park also serves as a Loudoun County recycling center.
- Through the county’s legislative land use process, a Special Exception request was filed through the county’s legislative land use process for the purpose of bringing Mickie Gordon Memorial Park into conformance with the current zoning as an active park, as well as requesting to add certain amenities such as lighting and additional cricket pitches.
- The Special Exception process allows the Planning Commission and the Board of Supervisors opportunities to review the request, hear public comment on the proposal, and impose appropriate conditions or restrictions on the use to minimize any negative impacts.
- The Special Exception request for Mickie Gordon Memorial Park was initially paused following a June 29, 2023 Public Information Meeting.
- Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services has withdrawn a request for a Special Exception to the county’s zoning ordinance for Mickie Gordon Memorial Park. See the news release here.
- A new plan for future improvements to the park will be developed based upon information received from the community and various user groups during the community input process. Prior to any formal submission of a revised Special Exception request, the conceptual plan will be presented at a future Board of Supervisors’ Finance/ Government Operations & Economic Development Committee meeting.
Related Documents and Resources
Public Information Meeting
On June 29, 2023, Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services hosted a public information meeting to address questions from the community and discuss the plans for the proposed improvements to Mickie Gordon Memorial Park. Please view the meeting information below.
- Community Meeting to Discuss Proposed Improvements for Mickie Gordon Memorial Park Set for June 29
- June 29, 2023, Public Information Meeting Presentation
Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) held the first of two community workshops on future improvements to Mickie Gordon Memorial Park on Thursday, August 31, 2023, at the Middleburg Community Center, located at 300 West Washington Street, Middleburg.
A second community workshop was held on October 4, 2023, at the American Legion, located at 111 The Plains Road, Middleburg, VA.
- Public Offered Opportunity for Input on Future Improvements to Mickie Gordon Memorial Park
- PRCS to Hold Second Input Session on Future Improvements to Mickie Gordon Memorial Park
For More Information
Residents may also submit comments or questions regarding the Mickie Gordon Memorial Park Special Exception by Email or by mail to the Department of Parks, Recreation, and Community Services, ATTN: Mark Novak, 742 Miller Drive, SE P.O. Box 7800, Leesburg, VA 20177