- Departments & Offices
- Finance & Budget
- Grant Opportunities
- Grants Management Best Practices Series
Grants Management Best Practices Series
The Grants Management Best Practice Series is professional development opportunity that highlights resources and tools to build your organization’s capacity to successfully implement grants. Hear from Loudoun County staff and peer organizations throughout the series.
In this series you will learn about:
- ARPA eligibility and compliance
- County grant opportunities
- Federal grant prospecting
- Performance and fiscal management
- Technical assistance with federal grants
Schedule and Registration
|Course Title||Training Type||Date||Time||Location||Registration|
|County Grants Announcement &
ARPA Eligibility and Compliance
|Informational||October 6, 2022
||10am - 11:30am||Virtual||Register Here|
|Prospecting: Is government funding
right for you?
|Informational||October 13, 2022
||10am - 11:30am||Virtual||Register Here|
|Demystifying Federal Grant Opportunities||Technical Assistance Workshop||October 27, 2022||10am - Noon||Loudoun County Government Center||Registration Closed|
|Performance & Fiscal Management Across Diverse Funding Sources||Panel Discussion||November 7, 2022||10am - Noon||Virtual||Register Here|
Note: The virtual sessions can accommodate registrations up to the day of the training. The deadline for the October 27, 2022, in-person training is close of business October 21, 2022
County Grants Announcement & ARPA Eligibility and Compliance
Join us for a virtual resource highlight of the Loudoun County Human Service Grants announcement and orientation. Learn about the different funding opportunities available through Loudoun County to local nonprofits including:
- Human Service Nonprofit and ARPA Grants- Barb Lawrence, Grants Coordinator
- Restricted Transit and Occupancy Tax (RTOT), “Tourism Grant”- Darrell Simpson, Grants Analyst
- Community Development Block Grants- Eileen Barnhard, CDBG Program Manager, Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD)
- Continuum of Care (CoC) Grants - Cesar Watts & Corinne Wyss, Continuum of Care Manager & Coordinator, Department of Family Services
- American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Eligibility and Compliance- Kristine Powers, ARPA Coordinator
Is Government Funding Right for You?
Join us for a virtual resource highlight that explores a tool to assess your organization’s readiness and capacity to apply for federal, state, and county funding. We will assist participants in developing decision-making framework for saying yes to applying to a funding opportunity and lead participants in a review of federal prospecting tools and processes.
Demystifying Federal Grants
Join us in an in-person technical assistance workshop where participants will explore the preparation and set up that goes into applying for federal funding. We will walk through the steps to apply for federal funding, review proposal components, staffing plans, and project management timelines necessary to submit a proposal. We'll provide guidance on what makes a strong proposal as well as technical assistance for setting up an online workspace. Following the presentation, the group will walk through a mock proposal submission. Participants will have time during the session to set up their own online workspaces for a funding opportunity.
Performance & Fiscal Management Across Diverse Funding Sources
Join us in an in-person panel with Loudoun County staff and local nonprofit partners as they explore programmatic work plans and facets of nonprofit budgeting including Eligible Direct Costs, Indirect Cost Rates, Restricted Funds, Matching and Cost Share, Multi-year Funding and Budget Narratives. Hear from non-profit partners as they navigate different funding to meet organization’s diverse programming needs as they provide comprehensive community services.
The county has established a subscription service to provide information of interest to local nonprofit organizations, including county grant and professional development opportunities. Individuals can sign up to receive email or text updates.
- View all updates for nonprofits
- Sign up for updates in Notify Me, News Flash Category, choose Nonprofit Updates
- If you have questions, email Tracey Alperstein or call 571-258-3485.