W&OD At-Grade Crossing Improvements
- This project provides funding for various improvements at several Washington and Old Dominion (W&OD) trail crossings spanning the length of the W&OD trail within the unincorporated areas of the County and the Town of Purcellville, including crossings at:
- Ashburn Road
- Hirst Road (in the Town of Purcellville)
- Smith Switch Road
- North Hatcher Avenue (in the Town of Purcellville)
- Dry Mill Road near Route 9
- Hamilton Station Road
- Cochran Mill Road
- Ivandale Road
- Improvements may include the realignment of trail crossings, the construction of median refuge islands, the installation of flashing warning signs, tree trimming and clearing, and the restriction of parking.
- Funding for this project includes local tax funding, cash proffers and federal grants.
- Project identification numbers include: Loudoun County: CRCP-2021-0010; State Project: EN20-053-224, P101, R201, C501; UPC: 118286; Federal: TAP-5B01 (221)
Current Phase: Design - 100% Plans
- Learn about project phases and milestones.
- Visit the Capital Projects Active and Planned in Loudoun County interactive map to view projects in your area, including this one.
- Fall 2020 - Fall 2022: Design
- Winter 2023 - Summer 2023: Procurement of Construction Contractor
- Fall 2023: Award Contract – Construction
- Fall 2023: Notice to Proceed – Construction
- Fall 2023 - Summer 2024: Construction
- Summer 2024: Substantial Completion
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates for the W&OD Trail Crossing Improvements project.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- W&OD Trail At-Grade Crossing Improvements - Notice of Willingness (PDF)
- NEPA PCE Final (PDF)
- W&OD Trail Crossing Improvements Comments - September 6-21, 2022 *Revised August 2023
- Overview of Locations:
- Specific Crossing Locations:
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
- If you have questions about this project, email county staffor call
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officeror call