About the Office
The Office of Equity and Inclusion leverages the combined power of partnership between Loudoun County Government departments, the Board of Supervisors and the community by providing leadership, guidance, coordination, and oversight for the organization’s continued commitment toward cultivating a more prosperous, inclusive, equitable and sustainable workplace and community. The Office of Equity and Inclusion strives to work collaboratively with the organization’s workforce, residents, businesses, and visitors to make Loudoun County a more welcoming place for people from all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and viewpoints to feel free to live, work, learn and play.
- We value intersectional life experiences that make individuals unique.
- We encourage all employees to use their unique perspectives to help advance our work centered around diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- We require fair treatment, accessibility, and opportunity for advancement for all.
- We expect our workplace and community to be an inclusive environment built on mutual trust, respect, and dignity.
- We incorporate the principles of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in our daily work and interactions.
- We are committed to ensuring that every decision and policy enacted reflects principles of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility.
- We will build a workplace and community where all feel safe being their authentic selves.
Carl Rush, Chief Equity Officer
Carl Rush has served as the Chief Equity Officer of Loudoun County’s Office of Equity and Inclusion (OEI) since July 2021. In this capacity, he is responsible for leading the overarching strategy and operational goals to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion across all government departments. This includes providing technical assistance and trainings for Loudoun County Government departments and staff, organizing staff around advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within their departments, and the development and application of equity tools and strategies. He serves as both the internal and external ambassador advocating the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion as a crucial foundation of Loudoun County’s vision of a more prosperous, inclusive, equitable and sustainable community where all feel free to live, work, learn and play.
Carl RushChief Equity Officer