Vaccination Efforts in Loudoun County
- View the latest COVID-19 news and information updates from Loudoun County.
- Learn more about COVID-19 vaccine for children and teens.
Current Vaccination Eligibility
- First and Second Doses: Everyone age 5 and older.
- Boosters: Everyone age 12 and older.
- Individuals who are 12 and older and received their second dose in the two-dose series of the Pfizer vaccine at least five months ago. The Pfizer vaccine is the only COVID-19 vaccine currently approved for ages 17 and under.
- Individuals who are 18 and older who received the second in a two-dose series of Pfizer vaccine or Moderna vaccine at least five months ago, or who received the J&J vaccine at least two months ago.
- ‘Mix and Match’ Boosters: Any of the three approved vaccines may be used as a booster, regardless of the product used in the initial vaccine series.
- 5–11-year-old vaccine recipients who are moderately or severely immunocompromised are eligible to receive a third dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine 28 days after the second dose.
Other Vaccination Opportunities
COVID-19 vaccine is available from many providers in Loudoun County, such as medical offices and pharmacies including, but not limited to, CVS, Giant Food, Harris Teeter, Safeway, Walgreens, Walmart and Wegmans. These entities do not coordinate their vaccination appointments with Loudoun County.
- Visit vaccines.gov or text your zip code to GETVAX (438829) to find available vaccination appointments at pharmacies and other locations near you.
- Visit vaccinate.virginia.gov to for more information about COVID-19 vaccination appointments in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Misplaced Your Vaccine Card?
For vaccine card replacement, use the Vaccination Record Request Portal to view and print a record of your COVID-19 vaccinations or call the Virginia Immunization Information System (VIIS) Help Desk at (866) 375-9795 between 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday for assistance.
Receive updates from Loudoun County
Contact us with Questions