June 23, 2020, Republican Primary
What and Who is on the Ballot?
The only race appearing on the June 23, 2020, ballot will be nominee to represent the Republican Party for the office of U.S. Senator in the November general election. The Democratic Party will not be holding a primary on this date as only one candidate filed for each office appearing on the ballot.
What are my Options for Voting in this Election?
All registered voters are eligible to vote in this election as Virginia does not register by party affiliation. Voters may vote in-person at their voting precinct on Election day. Additionally, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all voters are eligible to vote absentee by-mail by using reason code ’2A - My Disability or Illness’ when completing your application.
Can I Vote Absentee? How do I Apply for an Absentee Ballot?
Step 1: Eligibility - For this election, ALL voters are eligible to vote absentee using reason 2A - Illness or Disability
Step 2: Decide how you want to vote absentee.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, voters are strongly encouraged to vote by mail.
- By Mail - Have a ballot mailed to you, which you will fill out and mail back.
- How to Apply: Visit vote.virginia.gov and fill out the online absentee ballot application. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ALL voters are authorized to use 2A Illness or Disability as the reason for requesting absentee by mail.
- Deadline to Apply: Applications must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 16, 2020.
- Deadline to Return: Your ballot must be received in the office no later than 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 23, 2020
- In-Person - Appear at the Office of Elections and vote from your car.
- Please note that all in-person voters will be asked to vote from the comfort of their cars; please do not enter the office. Simply pull up to the sign and give us a call at 703-777-0380 and a staff person will come out to assist you.
- Dates: Monday - Friday, starting Friday, May 8, 2020, through Friday, June 19, 2020, plus Saturday, June 20, 2020.
- Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday and Saturday June 20, 2020.
- Location: Loudoun County Office of Elections at 750 Miller Drive, Suite C, Leesburg, VA 20175 Pull up to the sign and give us a call at 703-777-0380.
Do I need Voter ID?
- Virginia requires a valid photo ID in order to vote. To see a list of acceptable ID’s visit our Photo Identification page.
- If you do not have an acceptable ID we can provide one. Simply visit our office in Leesburg and we’ll help you out.
Am I Registered? How can I Check my Registration Status?
The Elections and Voter Registration Office encourages all voters to double check their registration so they can be election ready. Simply visit vote.virginia.gov to look yourself up and make sure everything is in order. If you need to make a change you can do that right there too. Keep in mind the following deadlines:
- Deadline to register or update your Virginia voter registration online is Tuesday, May 26, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
- Deadline to register or update your Virginia voter registration in-person is Tuesday, May 26, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- Registrations or updates submitted via mail MUST be postmarked no later than Tuesday, May 26, 2020.