- Departments & Offices
- Transportation & Capital Infrastructure
- Projects, Studies & Plans
- Belmont Ridge Road Improvements
Belmont Ridge Road Improvements
- This project funds the design, land acquisition and construction of the reconstruction and widening of Belmont Ridge Road between Truro Parish Drive and Croson Lane from an existing two lane rural road to a four lane median divided suburban roadway with shared use paths on each side.
- The road plans were approved by the Virginia Department of Transportation and the Loudoun County Department of Building and Development (B&D) in June 2017. In November 2019 acquisition of land rights for the project was completed.
- The project funding comes from a variety of funding sources including local tax funding, General Obligation Bonds, and the Northern Virginia Transit Authority (NVTA).
Current Status: September 2022
- Work at the intersection of Belmont Ridge Road and Reservoir Ridge Place is scheduled to resume the week of September 26, 2022, for the construction of the new southbound lanes of Belmont Ridge Road. This work is planned to continue for approximately five weeks, weather permitting. The traveling public can expect single lane traffic between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the intersection. Drivers should use extra caution when entering and exiting the neighborhood and follow all directions from the posted signs and road crews.
- Cement-treated aggregate and base asphalt will be applied on a portion of southbound Belmont Ridge Road and Reservoir Ridge Place.
- For the next several weeks, earthwork throughout the new southbound corridor of Belmont Ridge Road and stormwater management construction will continue.
- Construction of the Belmont Ridge Road Widening Project is currently estimated to be completed in Summer 2024, weather permitting.
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates for this Belmont Ridge Road Improvements – Truro Parish to Croson Lane project.
- Sign up for updates about this project on Notify Me, Blogs category.
- View before and after drone photos for the first six months of project construction. (PDF)
- Pardon Our Dust Meeting - January 20, 2022
- Belmont Ridge Road Aerial Exhibit (PDF)
- Belmont Ridge Road Design Cross Section (PDF)
- Search Board of Supervisors documents for information related to this project.
If you have questions about this project, email county staff or call 703-737-8624.
Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.