May 5, 2020 Town Elections
What’s on the Ballot?
The Towns of Lovettsville, Middleburg, Purcellville, and Round Hill will hold elections for the offices of Mayor and Member, Town Council, and the Town of Hamilton will hold an election for the office of Member, Town Council. Sample ballots will be available once finalized.
What are my Options for Voting in this Election?
All registered voters who reside in the Towns of Hamilton, Lovettsville, Middleburg, Purcellville, or Round Hill are eligible to vote in this election. Please note that you must live within town limits in order to be eligible to vote. Voters may vote in-person at their voting precinct on Election day. Additionally, eligible voters (those with a valid reason) may vote absentee in-person or by-mail.
Town Voting Locations;
Town of Hamilton - Hamilton Baptist Church, 16 East Colonial Highway, Hamilton, 20158
Town of Lovettsville - Lovettsville Volunteer Fire & Rescue, 12837 Berlin Turnpike, Lovettsville, 20180
Town of Middleburg - Middleburg Town Office, 10 West Marshall Street, Middleburg, 20117
Town of Purcellville - Emerick Elementary School, 440 Nursery Avenue, Purcellville, 20132
Town of Round Hill - Round Hill Center, 20 High Street, Round Hill, 20141
Can I Vote Absentee? How do I Apply for an Absentee Ballot?
- Step 1: Determine your eligibility by reviewing the valid reasons for voting absentee.
- Step 2: Decide how you want to vote absentee. You can choose to vote in-person or by-mail.
Note: if you are voting in person, do not apply for an absentee ballot online.
In-Person (Appear at the Office of Elections and vote while there.)
Dates: Monday-Friday, starting March 20, 2020, through May 1, 2020, plus Saturday, May 2, 2020
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day
Location: Loudoun County Office of Elections at 750 Miller Drive, Suite C, Leesburg, VA 20175
By-Mail (Have a ballot mailed to you, which you will fill out and mail back.)
How to Apply: Visit https://www.vote.virginia.gov and fill out the online absentee ballot application.
Deadline to Apply: Applications MUST be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 28, 2020.
Deadline to Return: Your Ballot MUST be received in the office no later than 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 5, 2020.
Do I need Voter ID?
- Virginia requires a valid photo ID in order to vote. To see a list of acceptable ID’s visit our Photo Identification page.
- If you do not have an acceptable ID we can provide one. Simply visit our office in Leesburg and we’ll help you out.
Am I Registered? How can I Check my Registration Status?
The Elections and Voter Registration Office encourages all voters to double check their registration so they can be election ready. Simply visit https://www.vote.virginia.gov to look yourself up and make sure everything is in order. If you need to make a change you can do that right there too. Keep in mind the following deadlines:
- Deadline to register or update your Virginia Voter Registration online is Monday, April 14, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
- Deadline to register or update your Virginia Voter Registration in-person is Monday, April 14, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- Registrations or updates submitted via mail MUST be postmarked no later than Monday, April 14, 2020.
- To see a list of current federal, state, and local elected officials visit our my elected representative page.
- Paper Voter Registration Application (PDF) (print & mail)
- Paper Absentee Ballot Application (PDF) (print & mail)