Humane Law Enforcement Hours of Operation
- Officers are actively on the road Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Animal Services officers are also on-call for emergency and priority calls after hours.
Emergency On-Call Responses
Loudoun County Animal Services humane law enforcement officers will respond to the following situations during on-call hours: (To reach a humane law enforcement officer after hours, call 703-777-1021)
- Animals that are currently at large and are attacking/chasing humans
- Humans that have had contact with a wild animal and the wild animal is still alive and present.
- A domestic animal that has had contact with a wild animal. The wild animal is still alive and present.
- A suspected rabid animal that has been reported present in a populated area
- Stray domestic animal exposures to humans where the owner is unknown / unavailable
- Dog(s) attacking livestock
- Injured domestic animals
- Reports of wildlife that are considered a threat in the living area of a home.
- Dog(s) attacking, or have attacked other companion animals- owner is unknown/unavailable
- Human or domestic animal contact with a wild animal, and the animal is dead
- Cruelty to animal(s) where there is an immediate threat to the animal(s) life, or health
- Livestock at-large that are causing a traffic hazard
- Police and fire emergency calls