About Board of Supervisors Meetings
Monthly Business Meetings and Public Hearing Schedule
- Business Meetings: First and third Tuesday of the month, 5:00 p.m.
- Public Hearing: Wednesday of the week following the first business meeting of the month, 6:00 p.m.
- Dates and times of Board of Supervisors meetings, including those of the Board’s Standing Committees, are posted on the Loudoun County Government Master Calendar.
- In general, board meetings, public hearings, board committee meetings and workshops are open to the public. However, the Board sometimes schedules executive sessions to discuss issues relating to personnel, legal matters or land acquisition. These meetings are closed to the public.
Public Input: How to Sign Up to Speak
The Board of Supervisors encourages people to sign up to speak during the Board’s public comment periods at business meetings and public hearings. Members of the public are typically given at least two minutes to speak. If requested at sign up, speakers may deliver their comments remotely.
Can You Speak for Someone Else?
- their spouse;
- on behalf of an organization, such as an HOA or community-based group; or
- on behalf of those needing special accommodations
Interpretation Services for Public Input
Any member of the public who would like to request an interpreter to be present at a Board meeting to translate their public input may do so at least 48 hours in advance of a meeting. Procuring an interpreter for less frequently spoken languages may require additional time.