- Departments & Offices
- Sheriff's Office
- About Us
- Administrative / Technical Services
- Emergency Communications Center
Emergency Communications Center
About the Emergency Communications Center
The Emergency Communications Center (ECC) is the 24-hour-a-day provider of emergency communication and 911 services to the Loudoun County community. Loudoun ECC is headquartered in Leesburg, Virginia, employs more than 40 staff, and handles more than a quarter million calls for service each year.
Contact the Sheriff's Office
- For non-emergency inquires, please call 703-777-1021
- For an emergency, please dial 911
- Text to 911 Available in Loudoun March 1, 2016
Questions concerning the False Alarm Ordinance (PDF) Opens a New Window. or the False Alarm Reduction Unit can be directed to 703-777-0407.
- 9-1-1 Call-Taking
- Non-Emergency Call-Taking
- Radio Dispatching to Deputies
- Warrants Control
- VCIN / NCIC
- Freedom of Information Act Requests
- Protective Orders
- Vehicle Accident Towing
When Calling 911
- Stay calm and Speak clearly Know where you are (street name, cross-street, mile marker)
- State your emergency
- State your phone number and incident address
- Listen carefully to the Dispatchers questions
- Stay on the line
- Do not hang up until the Dispatcher tells you it is OK to do so. They may need to ask additional questions regarding the emergency
- If you can, stay by the phone in case the 911 call-taker needs to call you back
When to Call 911
Sometimes the 911 Center Is Not the Best Number to Call for the Information You Need
The Sheriff's Office Non-Emergency phone number (703-777-1021) is the best and fastest number to call for Sheriff's Office services. It is directly connected to Sheriff's Office Call-Takers and Dispatchers and leaves the 911 phone lines open for life-threatening emergencies.
For faster and more convenient Crime Reporting you can report many crimes online! Visit the Online Crime Reporting System page for more information.
To ease your commute you can view active Loudoun traffic accidents.
Who to Call....?
When you are experiencing a power outage, your 911 Center does not know when electric service will be repaired. The right choice is to call the company that provides your electric service.
When your cable television is experiencing an outage, your 911 Center does not know when cable TV service will be repaired. The right choice is to call the company that provides your TV service.
If you come across a dead animal in/or near the roadway that is not a road hazard, please call the Virginia Department of Transportation for Animal Removal services at 800-367-7623
Out of State Emergency Protective Orders
Please fax all "out of state" Emergency Protective Orders to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office Emergency Communications Center at 703-771-5470 for official service. "Out of state" refers to Emergency Protective Orders originating from a state other than Virginia, requiring service on a person in Loudoun County, Virginia.