About the Department
The Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure oversees roadway planning, local transportation projects, and transit, as well as capital planning, funding, design and construction management.
The Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure implements the Board of Supervisors' vision and direction while protecting the county's interests and financial resources through planning, administration, management, and coordination of transportation services and capital infrastructure projects.
The department effectively manages the Capital Improvement Program in providing safe, functional, cost effective, energy-efficient and environmentally sustainable facilities that serve the citizens and employees of Loudoun County. The department ensures the county's public facilities meet or exceed all federal, state, and local codes and Board of Supervisors' policies.
This department has three operating divisions.
Capital Project Coordination, Funding & Policy Division
- Represents and advocates Loudoun County's interest at regional transportation and transit organizations
- Participates in the planning and budgeting of the county's public infrastructure projects
- Prepares and monitors the department's operating budget
Capital Design & Construction Division
- Oversees the design and construction of the county's infrastructure and public facilities, providing safe, functional, cost effective, and energy and environmentally sustainable facilities
- Administers land acquisition for public infrastructure projects
- Provides quality control and delivery of projects on schedule and within budget
Transportation Planning & Operations Division
- Develops and implements pedestrian and bicycle accommodations
- Manages Loudoun County transit and commuter services
- Plans roadway improvements
- Provides traffic engineering and operational improvements