County Electronics Recycling Events
Electronics Recycling Events
Loudoun County hosts two electronics recycling collection events, one in the spring and one in the fall. The most recent event was in October 2022. Once the date has been selected for the next event, it will be posted here. In the meantime, see "Other Electronics Recycling Options" below for alternatives, and visit Securis.com for details about their monthly residential collection events in Chantilly.
Typical electronics that will be accepted at the county event: Televisions (all sizes), desktop computers and peripherals, computer monitors, laptops, servers, mainframes, circuit boards, hard drives, modems, printers, fax machines, scanners, copiers, network cables, power cables, extension cords, electrical wire, uninterruptible power supply (UPS), surge protectors, answering machines, microwave ovens, calculators, cell phones, smartphones, iPhones, desk phones, pagers, stereo and video receivers, DVR/CD/DVD/VHS players, video game consoles, cables, stereo speakers, radios, small household appliances such as vacuum cleaners, toaster ovens, coffee makers, blenders, hair dryers, curling irons, clothes irons, holiday lights.
Limit five items per vehicle (a 12” x 12” x 12” box or equivalent size container filled with smaller items such as computer mouse, cables, phones, cameras, etc. will be considered one item).
Items Not Accepted
Electronics that will not be accepted include household appliances such as refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, air conditioners, stoves, washers and dryers, fluorescent light bulbs, smoke alarms, mercury thermostats, household batteries and vehicle batteries, ballasts, light bulbs, smoke detectors, VHS tapes, cassette tapes, CD's, DVD's, microwave glass plates, PCBs, aerosols, equipment that contains mercury, and equipment that contains chemicals, asbestos, radioactive components, or liquid fuel.
Hard Drive Destruction
On-site and off-site hard drive destruction will be provided upon request for a fee.
Fees - Only Credit Card Payment will be Accepted; No Cash, No Checks
- Fees will be charged for televisions, desktop computer monitors, on-site hard drive destruction (upon request), and off-site hard drive destruction (upon request).
- $10 per television (does not include console or projection TVs).
- $50 per console television or projection TV (console TVs include any with wooden console or paneling).
- $10 per computer monitor (does not include laptop computers).
- $4.50 per hard drive for on-site shredding upon request (hard drive must be removed from computer prior to event).
- $20 per hard drive for on-site shredding upon request (if hard drive is not removed from computer prior to the event).
- $10 per hard drive for off-site shredding upon request for iPhones and tablets.
Call 703-771-5514 or send an email for more information about the county's electronics recycling events.
Visit Securis, Loudoun County's electronics recycling service provider, for details about their recycling process, data destruction, monthly residential electronics recycling collection events and commercial IT asset removal and recycling services.
Other Electronics Recycling Options
Other local electronics recycling options can be found in the Computers & Other Electronics section of the A-to-Z Local Recycling Resources Guide (PDF).