Revive: Opioid Overdose Reversal Training
REVIVE! is the opioid overdose and naloxone education program for the Commonwealth of Virginia. The training is free and anyone who uses opioids or knows someone who is using opioids is encouraged to attend a training. The training covers:
- Signs of opioid overdose.
- How to respond to an opioid overdose emergency with the administration of naloxone, a drug that can be used to treat narcotic overdoses in emergency situations.
- Also, anyone who completes the training will be eligible to receive free naloxone nasal spray. They may choose to receive naloxone by mail or arrange pickup. Please note: Shipping times for the naloxone vary based on current supply and shipping destination. We appreciate your patience as some may experience delays.
The Loudoun County Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services (MHSADS), the Loudoun County Community Services Board and the Virginia Department of Health sponsor the local training sessions. Loudoun offers REVIVE! training in two versions - Rapid REVIVE! and Virtual REVIVE!
Loudoun County offers a shortened format of the training, called Rapid REVIVE! This version allows individuals to complete the training in six minutes. After watching a short video and then providing their contact information, participants receive free naloxone nasal spray. This version is available anytime. No registration is required. To start the training:
- Visit loudoun.gov/rapidrevive for Rapid REVIVE! in English
- Visit loudoun.gov/reviveespanol for Rapid REVIVE! in Spanish
Virtual REVIVE! Opioid Overdose & Naloxone Education
Loudoun County continues its series of opioid overdose reversal trainings, which are now available virtually. Participants who complete the training are eligible to receive free naloxone nasal spray. They may choose to receive naloxone by mail or arrange pickup.
The training is free, open to everyone and lasts about an hour. Anyone who uses opioids or knows someone who is using opioids is encouraged to attend. Those interested in attending must pre-register.
Register for an Upcoming Class
REVIVE trainings can also be scheduled upon request.
Do you represent an organization or business interested in "REVIVE!" Training? Please contact Jamie MacDonald at 571-258-3365 for further details as to how this training may be arranged.
For more information about the opioid overdose reversal training, contact MHSADS at 571-258-3365 or email the department’s Prevention & Intervention Program Opens a New Window. .
Replacement of Expired Naloxone
This service is available to individuals who have completed the REVIVE! class. Please contact MHSADS at 571-258-3365 or email the department’s Prevention & Intervention Program.