Loudoun County Website Accessibility
Accessibility Design Guidelines
Loudoun County is committed to closely working with our vendor – CivicPlus – to provide and maintain accessibility to our website for all citizens. We use site scanning technology to monitor compliance with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
For more specific details on WCAG 2.0, please refer to the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Recommendations or World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) How to Meet WCAG 2.0 Quick Reference.
Our website has been designed with the following accessibility guidelines in mind:
- The standard font used throughout the site has been chosen to be easily legible.
- Wherever possible, we use live text instead of graphics to reduce the download time of pages and increase your control.
- No information is exclusively conveyed using color. This doesn't mean that colors are not used to organize information; instead it means there are also other, non-color dependent ways of doing this.
- Images and hyperlinks, where appropriate, have an alternative text attribute. This means when an image or hyperlink is conveying important information its content is described with an alternative text.
If you have difficulty accessing the site or have any comments or feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us.
To obtain any information on this website in an alternate format, please call ADA Coordinator at 703-777-0450 (TTY 711) or send an email. More information about Loudoun County's accessibility services is online at our accessibility page.
Many popular browsers contain built-in accessibility tools.
- Internet Explorer Accessibility Information
- Firefox Accessibility Information
- Chrome Accessibility Information Opens a New Window.
Language Translation Disclaimer
The Loudoun County Website provides the public with the option to use Google Translate. By using the translation service, you are accepting that pages on this website will be converted into a language other than English.
As with any machine translation, the translation of text does not take into account the context of the text and therefore Google Translate may not fully convert text into its intended meaning. As a result, Loudoun County Government cannot guarantee the accuracy of the translated text nor are we liable for any resulting issues. Graphics with text, PDF files and special applications on this site cannot be translated.
The Google Translate option can be found at the bottom right of the web pages on our website.