- Feature Links
- Report Fraud, Waste & Abuse
Report Fraud, Waste & Abuse
Loudoun County is deeply committed to providing exceptional services to residents and conducting county business in an ethical and legal manner. The county’s Code of Conduct requires all county employees to demonstrate integrity, honesty and ethical behavior in the conduct of county business.
County residents and employees should feel free to report concerns if they believe these standards are not being met. Examples of the types of concerns that could be reported include, but are not limited to:
- Fraud: An illegal act involving the obtaining of something of value from the county through willful misrepresentation
- Waste: Mismanagement or inadequate oversight of county property, resources or funds, including incurring unnecessary costs because of inefficient or ineffective practices, systems, or controls
- Abuse: Intentional destruction, diversion, or misuse of county property or resources, including the misuse of county authority or a county position for personal gain
- Illegal Acts: Violations of laws or government regulations by a county employee in connection with his or her county position
- Conflicts of Interest: Personal interests that conflict with the official duties of a county employee, resulting in a real or perceived conflict of interest
People may report anonymously or they may choose to provide their contact information. After submitting their report, information will be routed to the appropriate staff for review and investigation. It is the county’s goal to address the matters in a timely fashion and to take appropriate corrective action.
Loudoun County has partnered with Ethical Advocate, an independent, third-party corporation that specializes in advocating ethical culture and behavior in the workplace. Ethical Advocate provides a customized, anonymous and confidential ethics reporting service through its fully secure, encrypted website and toll-free number - available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.