Bike & Ride
How to Take Bicycles on Our Buses
Instructions for taking your bicycle on a Loudoun County bus vary by bus type, as follows:
Commuter Bus (Large Coach Buses)
- Complete the Bike on Bus Registration Form.
- Once approved, Loudoun County will issue you a bike on bus permit card that you will show the bus driver, who will then open up the luggage compartment for you to place your bike on the bus.
Local and Metro Connection Bus (Transit-Style Bus)
No bus permit card is required. The bicycle racks are located on the front of each of the buses. A maximum of two bikes can be loaded on one bus. If the racks are full, riders will need to wait for the next available bus bike rack. If you are unfamiliar as to how to load a bike on the transit style/local buses, view the short video demonstrating this process.
Watch the Video Below to Learn How to Load a Bike on a Transit-Style Bus
Bicycle lockers are available at the Silver Line Metrorail Garages and some Park and Ride lots in Loudoun County, including the Dulles North Transit Center, Dulles South (Stone Ridge II), Dulles Town Center, East Gate, Harmony, Leesburg, Leesburg II, One Loudoun, and Purcellville lots.
- Annual rental fee - $60.00
- One-time administrative fee - $10.00
- Key deposit (refundable when key is returned to DTCI) - $50.00
How to Obtain a Locker
At a Park and Ride Lot
- To obtain a bicycle locker at the Dulles North Transit Center, please contact VDOT Northern Virginia Transportation Planning by e-mail at [email protected] or by phone at 703-383-2233 to confirm vacancy.
- To obtain a bicycle locker at the Dulles South (Stone Ridge II), Dulles Town Center, East Gate, Harmony, Leesburg, Leesburg II, or One Loudoun Park and Ride lots, please contact Loudoun County Commuter Services at 703-771-5665 or 877-465-2287 (877-GO-LCBUS).
- Bicycle lockers at the Purcellville Park and Ride lot are free, but require a self-provided lock.
At a Silver Line Metrorail Garage
- To obtain a bicycle locker at a Silver Line Metrorail Garage in Loudoun County, please contact Loudoun County Commuter Services at 703-771-5665 or 877-465-2287 (877-GO-LCBUS).