For New Residents
Welcome to Loudoun County!
- Your new home is a growing, dynamic county of more than 310,000 people.
- Loudoun County is a dynamic county with an outstanding quality of life, located just 25 miles from Washington, D.C.
- The home of Dulles International Airport, Loudoun has established a reputation as an international center for technology, communications and transportation.
- Bordered by the Blue Ridge Mountains and Potomac River, Loudoun is widely known for its beautiful scenery, rich history and strong sense of community.
- The county also enjoys a reputation for high quality services, including a first-rate educational system.
Resources for New Residents
Adopt a Pet
Learn how you can adopt a pet.
County Library Card
Apply for a library card.
Get your dog licensed with Loudoun County.
Apply for a driver's license through the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles.
Find information on the Loudoun County Elected Representatives.
Apply for jobs with the County.
Online County Services
View services that can be completed online or over the phone.
Polling places in Loudoun County are listed by election district.
Residential Parking District Permits
Learn more about Residential Parking Permit Districts.
Taxes in Loudoun County
View information about taxes in Loudoun County.
Towns, Communities & HOAs
View contact information for towns, communities and homeowners associations in Loudoun County.
Learn about the utility services in Loudoun County.
Vehicle Personal Property Registration
Waste & Recycling
Browse through information on collection services, permitted collectors, and contact information for incorporated towns and homeowner associations.