Courts Complex Expansion
- The Courts Complex Expansion project includes the design and construction of a new 92,000-square-foot Loudoun County District Courthouse and renovation of existing courts facilities, including new parking facilities.
- The new courthouse will be located on the current Church Street Parking Lot at the corner of Church Street and Edwards Ferry Road in downtown Leesburg.
- The existing courthouse (18 East Market Street) and historic Valley Bank building (20 East Market Street) will be renovated.
- Parking lots and pedestrian access to the courts buildings will be improved. A new parking garage has been constructed next to the existing Pennington Lot.
- Construction began April 2020 and is expected to take approximately 2.5 years.s a New Window.
Current Status: November 2021
- On November 8, 2021, storm water utility work is scheduled to begin on North Street near the Courthouse. During the construction, traffic will continue in a single lane on North Street between Harrison Street and Church Street. Drivers should use extra caution when traveling through this area and follow all directions from the posted signs and road crews. The work is currently estimated to last until November 19, 2021.
- Along Church Street, crews have begun sidewalk demolition and utility work. Temporary utility relocation work by Dominion Power, Comcast, and Verizon is complete.
- On the south side of the building, crews have begun utility work and the installation of exterior brick veneer.
- On the inside of the building, crews continue to install interior walls, door frames, and to rough-in electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems on all floors. Interior masonry and framing work are nearing completion.
- Over the next several weeks, crews will complete most of the exterior framing and sheathing work and begin preparations for roof installation.
- Visitors to the Loudoun County Courthouse may park for free at the Pennington Garage and Pennington Lot, which are located approximately two blocks away off of Church Street NE in Leesburg. Shuttle service from the Pennington Garage and Pennington Lot to the courthouse will run approximately every ten minutes, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. A walking path between the parking areas and the courthouse will be maintained throughout the duration of construction. View parking details and a map of the shuttle route and walking path in this flyer (PDF).
Stay Informed About This Project
- View all updates on the Courts Complex Expansion.
- Sign up to receive updates on this project in Notify Me, Blogs category.
- November 14, 2019: Construction Schedule and Impacts Presentation (PDF)
- November 14, 2019: Summary of Timeline and Impacts (PDF)
- July 16, 2019: Loudoun County Courthouse Expansion Phase III Public Information Meeting Presentation (PDF)
- April 23, 2019: Project Status Update (PDF)
- February 16, 2017: Pennington Parking Structure Presentation (PDF)
- February 16, 2017: Fact Sheet (PDF)
- FY 2014 Adopted CIP: Courts Complex Phase III Description (PDF)
- For questions about the Courthouse project, contact John Arriaga, DTCI Construction Manager by email or 571-258-3489, or Jeffrey Dean, McDonough Bolyard Peck, Inc. Project Manager by email or 202-826-5429.
- For questions about the Pennington Parking Garage, contact Nick Brown, DTCI Construction Program Manager by email or call 571-258-3435.
- Email Glen Barbour, Public Information Officer or call 703-771-5086.