Service Changes for Loudoun County Transit
Leesburg Park and Ride Lot Closure Begins October 4, 2022
Beginning Tuesday, October 4, 2022, portions of the Leesburg Park and Ride lot facing Sycolin Road will be closed for resurfacing. When work begins, barriers will prohibit vehicular access to the closed portions of the lot. Work is scheduled to be completed by Saturday, October 8, weather permitting.
Leesburg Park and Ride lot customers should note the following:
- While the lot is closed, parking remains available in the portion of the lot behind the bus loop as shown in the map below.
- Commuter Bus service will continue to and from the Leesburg Park and Ride lot as scheduled.
Indigenous People's Day Bus Service Changes for October 10, 2022
On Monday, October 10, 2022, Loudoun County Transit will make the following bus service changes in observance of Indigenous Peoples’ Day:
Commuter Bus Service
Commuter Bus Service will not run.
Loudoun County Courthouse Shuttle
The Loudoun County Courthouse Shuttle from the Pennington Garage and Lot to the Courthouse will not run.
Local Fixed Route Bus Service
Local Bus Service will operate on a regular Local Bus Schedule.
Metro Connection Bus Service
Metro Connection Bus Service will not run. This includes stops at the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail station serviced by Routes 87X, 88X, 923, 924, 925, 926, 927, 931, 932, 990 and 992 and with stops at the West Falls Church Metrorail station provided by Routes 901 and 902.
- Local Routes 72, 84, and 985 will operate on a regular schedule with service to the Wiehle-Reston East Metrorail Station. More information is available via the Local Bus Schedule link above.
Service Change Notifications
- All riders should monitor this web page, loudoun.gov/buschanges, after 4:00 a.m. for possible unexpected service changes. A voice mail message at 703-771-5665 also will be updated should any service changes occur.
- To receive Loudoun County Transit notifications, download Transit app for free on Google Play or the Apple Store. After download, set your favorite routes to begin receiving notifications for the buses you ride. For more information, visit loudoun.gov/transitapp.
Comments regarding any suggested route, stop or schedule changes are welcomed and should be emailed to Transit Comments. Commuters may also contact us by phone at 877-465-2287 or 703-771-5665. A customer service representative is available to speak to callers Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please be aware that the Department of Transportation & Capital Infrastructure (DTCI), which includes Loudoun County Transit, will close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 7, 2022, and remain closed until 8:30 a.m. on Tuesday, October 11, 2022 in observance of Indigenous Peoples' Day. Loudoun County Transit service representatives will respond to inquiries received during the closure when the office reopens.