ADU Rental Information
Affordable Dwelling Unit (ADU) Rental
Please follow the steps provided to determine eligibility, documentation required and to complete the online application.
- Self-Screening Questionnaire for ADU Rental - English (PDF)
- Self-Screening Questionnaire for ADU Rental - Spanish (PDF)
Pre-Qualification Steps for the ADU Rental Program
1) Complete and print the self-screening questionnaire, above.
2) If prequalified according to the parameters of the self-screening questionnaire (above), print the questionnaire and gather all the information listed on the ADU Rental Checklist (linked below).
Please have hard copies of all paperwork on the ADU Rental Checklist available before completing the online application.
3) Complete the online application (link below). Important Note: Please have all paperwork on the checklist available when completing the application. The application does not allow you to save it and complete it at a later time. All information must be available and entered at the same time. You will not be able to leave the application and come back later.
4) Print the completed self-screening questionnaire and print a copy of the online application, copy and attach all supporting documentation requested on the ADU Rental Checklist and mail to the address listed below within 10 business days of the application.
5) ADU staff will contact you once all information has been submitted to register you for an ADU Rental Intake Session.
Submitting ADU Application Materials
For more information regarding the ADU Rental Program, please contact the Affordable Dwelling Unit at 703-737-8043. Please note that phone calls are accepted Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 p.m.