Welcome to Loudoun County Transit, a public transportation service provided by the Loudoun County government. New riders are encouraged to review the information on this page to learn more about bus service, planning a trip, service alerts, and how to ride safely.
Bus Service Options
Loudoun County Transit provides the following bus services:
- Commuter Bus Service - Weekday morning and late afternoon rush hour service from park and ride lots in Loudoun to destinations that include stops in Rosslyn, Crystal City, the Pentagon, and Washington, D.C. For more information, view the Commuter Bus page.
- Local Fixed-Route Bus Service - Weekday, and limited Saturday, bus service from Purcellville through Leesburg and into eastern Loudoun County. Hours of service are generally from 7 am to 7 pm with some later evening hours on select routes. For more information, view the Local Bus page.
- Paratransit Bus Service - This service is provided for county residents whose disabilities prevent access to wheel-chair accessible, local fixed route bus service. Users of the paratransit service must register and apply for the service ahead of time. For more information, view the Paratransit Bus page.
- Silver Line Bus Service - On November 16, 2022, Metro Connection Bus Service was replaced by all new Silver Line bus routes. Silver Line Bus Service provides weekday service to and from convenient local stops, including Loudoun County Park and Ride Lots and Silver Line Metrorail Stations. For more information, view the Silver Line Bus page.
How to Ride a Loudoun County Transit Bus
Select the Trip Planning, Service Changes, or Rules and Policies tab below to view more information.
To receive Loudoun County Transit notifications, plus real-time vehicle locations and trip planning, download Transit app for free on Google Play or the Apple Store. For more information, visit the Transit app page.
Schedules and Fares
The following pages provide schedules and fare information to help plan your trip:
Service Change Alerts and Notifications
- Phone - A voice mail message at 703-771-5665 will be updated should any service changes occur.
- Transit app - To receive Loudoun County Transit notifications, download Transit app for free on Google Play or the Apple Store. After download, set your favorite routes to begin receiving notifications for the buses you ride. For more information, visit the Transit app page.
Holiday, Emergencies and Weather Schedules
Holidays, unexpected emergencies and the prediction of inclement weather could have a significant impact on bus services. An Emergency Service Plan is invoked at Loudoun County Transit's discretion. To be prepared for how the bus services will operate in the event of an emergency and to view a list of days bus service will not be provided (holidays), visit the Holiday, Emergencies & Weather Schedules page.
Bus User Rules and Policies
There are important rules and policies that every rider should be aware of when riding the bus. For details, view the Bus User Policy Brochure (PDF).
We have made operational changes following the guidance of local, state and national health authorities to reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure on our buses. For more information about these policies, visit Transit Customer Information Regarding COVID-19