Dulles District Supervisor Matthew F. Letourneau
- September 2021 Dulles Direct Newsletter - Arcola Center Application, Affordable Housing Plan, and More (PDF)
- COVID-19 Vaccination Site at Dulles Town Center to Reopen on Friday, 9/17/21 and More...(PDF)
- Supervisor Letourneau's 2021 Dulles Direct Annual Report (PDF)
- Loudoun County to Begin Vaccinating Adolescents Ages 12 to 15; Streamlines Appointment Making Process (PDF)
- What's in Loudoun's New Budget (PDF)
- View Video of Dulles Direct Virtual Town Hall Meeting June 22, 2021
- Presentation to Dulles Regional Chamber of Commerce 6/4/20 (PDF)
- 12-19-19 Dulles Direct Town Hall Meeting: Tall Cedars Parkway/Nations Drive Presentation (PDF)
- Route 50 Corridor Study (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Dulles Community Outreach Project Final Report (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Supervisor Letourneau’s Article on Land Use (PDF)
- Like Supervisor Matthew F. Letourneau on Facebook Opens a New Window.
About Supervisor Letourneau
Supervisor Matt Letourneau represents the Dulles District on the Loudoun County Board of Supervisors. The most senior member of the Board, Supervisor Letourneau was first elected in 2011 and reelected in 2015 and 2019. He has taken on leadership roles within Loudoun County and throughout the Washington region.
Since 2015, Supervisor Letourneau has served as Chairman of the Board’s Finance, Government Operations and Economic Development Committee, which oversees county services, finances, and economic development efforts. In this capacity he has helped strengthen Loudoun's employment and compensation policies, financial position, and economic development efforts, including a major expansion of commercial and international business development.
Supervisor Letourneau is one of Virginia's two Principal Directors of the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (Metro) with oversight over all aspects of one of the nation's largest transit systems. He represents Loudoun on the Northern Virginia Transportation Commission, which he chaired in 2019. He is the first Loudoun Supervisor to serve on the Metro Board and to serve as an officer at NVTC.
From 2012-2019, he served on the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments Board of Directors, including as Chairman of the Board in 2018 and corporate President in 2014. He currently serves on the National Capital Region Transportation Planning Board and the Route 28 Transportation Improvement District Commission.
In Loudoun, Supervisor Letourneau has focused on building infrastructure and expanding amenities to the Dulles South area. Among the projects he spearheaded are the widening of Route 606, the expansion of Loudoun County Parkway, Braddock Road improvements, the construction of the Dulles South Recreation and Community Center, Hanson Park, the Gum Spring Library and several new schools, including Cardinal Ridge and Goshen Post Elementary, Willard Middle School, and Rock Ridge and Lightridge High Schools.
In his professional capacity, Supervisor Letourneau serves as Managing Director of Communications and Media for the Global Energy Institute at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. He previously served as a senior aide in the United States Senate.
Supervisor Letourneau is originally from central Massachusetts, which explains his love for Boston’s sports teams. He was a cum laude graduate of The Catholic University of America in Washington D.C., where he met his wife Margaret. They have four children – Patrick, Emily, Brendan, and Caitlin, and they reside in Little River Commons in Chantilly. They attend Corpus Christi Catholic Parish in Stone Ridge. For many years, he has served as a volunteer coach for Loudoun South Little League and for South Loudoun Basketball.