Metrorail Silver Line in Loudoun County
Washington Metropolitan Area Transportation Authority (WMATA) provides Silver Line Metrorail Service to and from the Dulles Airport, Loudoun Gateway and Ashburn Metro Stations in Loudoun County.
Silver Line Extension - Open for service!
Loudoun County is building a reliable and efficient multimodal transportation network that includes the Silver Line, constructed by the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA), a 23-mile Metrorail extension of the regional Metrorail system into Loudoun County.
The Silver Line Extension began passenger service on November 15, 2022.
- Loudoun County's three stations - Washington Dulles International Airport, Loudoun Gateway and Ashburn are open.
- Loudoun County's parking garages at the Loudoun Gateway and Ashburn Stations are open.
- On Wednesday, November 16, Loudoun County's new bus routes began.
- On Saturday, November 19, Loudoun County and Comstock will co-host a celebration of the opening of the Silver Line Metrorail extension in Loudoun County, at Loudoun Station
43751 Central Station Drive in Ashburn, 12:00 - 3:00 p.m. The free, family-friendly event will include live music and activities for all ages as well as food available for purchase from food trucks and nearby restaurants.
Learn more from Metro
News and Announcements
- News Release: 11-16-22: Loudoun County announces promotional Silver Line bus fare waiver and free parking at garages
- News Release: 11-16-22: Silver Line opening community celebration set for Saturday, November 19
- News Release: 11-15-22: Loudoun County launches new Silver Line bus routes and stops beginning November 16
- News Release: 11-15-22: Four things to know about the opening of the Silver Line Metrorail Extension in Loudoun County
- News Release: 11-15-22: Metro launches Silver Line Extension with opening ceremony; welcomes customers to #RideSilver to six new stations
- News Release: 11-7-22: Metro customers invited to ride the first passenger train to six new Silver Line stations
- News Release: 10-31-22: Get ready to ride the Silver Line, six new stations opening November 15
- News Release: 10-25-22: Metro greenlighted to return more trains to service
- News Release: 10-19-22: Silver Line extension operationally ready to open for passengers by Thanksgiving
- News Release: 09-23-22: Your new Silver Line stations coming soon with a new Metrorail map
- News Release: 08-26-22: Metrorail ridership survey underway now through November
- News Release: 08-15-22: Metro to hold emergency exercise in preparation for opening of Silver Line Extension
- News Release: 06-23-22: Silver Line Metrorail Coming Soon to Loudoun County; Control Transferred to Metro (PDF)
- News Release: 06-23-22: Silver Line Extension transferred to Metro's Control
- Dulles Corridor Metrorail Project Newsletter: Metrorail On Track, April 2022
- News Release: 11-05-21: Loudoun County Silver Line Metrorail Phase 2 Reaches Milestone (PDF)
- For more information or answers to questions about the Metro Silver Line in Loudoun County, please call 703-771-5665 or email us.