The Round Hill Fire Department was started in the early 1900s. Its equipment consisted of a hand-pulled cart carrying several lengths of hose and the fire alarm was sounded by clanging a big iron bell. In 1938, the Round Hill Volunteer Fire Department was formally organized. The first piece of equipment purchased was a used truck that had a water tank and pump mounted on it. Next, a siren and fire extinguishers were added and in 1949, the first ambulance was purchased.
Station 4 houses a fire engine, tanker, brush truck and basic life support ambulance that are staffed twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week by career personnel from Loudoun County Fire and Rescue alongside volunteer members.
Contact Information Round Hill Fire and Rescue, Company 4 P.O. Box 145 4 Main Street Round Hill, VA 20141