Demographic Estimates & Forecasts
Periodically, demographic estimates and forecasts of population, housing units, households, and employment are produced for the county and areas within the county.
- Estimates - Present time and past years
- Forecasts - Future years through 2045
Demographic estimates are produced for years between decennial censuses, up to the present time. The reference date of the figures is April 1 of the specified year.
- 2020 Population: 423,046
- 2020 Households (Occupied Housing Units): 137,617
- 2020 Housing Units: 143,231
Current Estimate Series
- County- 2019 Estimates Series
- Planning Subarea- 2000 to 2017 Annual Series of Population, Households, and Housing Units
Historic Decennial Census
Demographic forecasts are produced using Loudoun County Government’s estimates as a basis. Forecasts reflect:
- Approved developments remaining to be built
- Land use constraints
- Long-range supply of land
- Market conditions
- Planned land use
- Recent development activity
Demographic forecasts are available for housing units, households, population, and employment. Loudoun County submits its TAZ forecasts to the Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments (COG). Forecasts are for Round 9.2 of the MWCOG population forecast series. Round 9.2 reflects land use changes based on the Loudoun County 2019 General Plan, as well as recent trends and the outlook as of 2020.