ADU Purchase Program Information
Affordable Dwelling Unit (ADU) Purchase
Please follow the steps provided to determine eligibility, documentation required and to complete the online application.
- Self-Screening Questionnaire for ADU Purchase - English (PDF)
- Self-Screening Questionnaire for ADU Purchase - Spanish (PDF)
Pre-Qualification Steps for the ADU Purchase Program
1) Complete the self-screening questionnaire listed above and print it.
2) If pre-qualified according to the parameters of the self-screening questionnaire, print the questionnaire and gather all paperwork listed on the ADU Purchase Checklist (linked below).
Please have hard copies of all paperwork on the ADU Purchase Checklist available before completing the online application.
3) Complete the online application (link below). All information must be available and added at the time of the application.
4) Print the complete self-screening questionnaire and print a copy of the online application, copy and attach all supporting documentation requested on the ADU Purchase Checklist and mail to the address listed on this page within 10 days of submitting the online application.
5) ADU staff will contact you once all the information has been submitted to register you for an ADU Purchase Intake Session.
Please send copies of all personal documents. After review all papers will be shredded.
Clients will be placed on the Wait List according to the following priority preference category:
- Priority 1: Households where the primary applicants live and at least one of the primary applicants works* in Loudoun County.
- Priority 2: Households where at least one of the primary applicants works* in Loudoun County, but does not live in the county.
- Priority 3: Households where the primary applicants live in Loudoun County, but does not work in the county.
- Priority 4: Households where the primary applicants neither live, nor work in Loudoun County.
*"Works" designation is based on the location of the primary employer for the applicant or co-applicant(s) only. Location of employment for any household member or a secondary job for applicant/co-applicant(s) will not be considered in the preference category determination. If the applicant or co-applicant has two jobs, the location of the job which includes the most hours per pay period will be used as the primary job.
Submitting ADU Application Materials
For more information regarding the ADU Purchase Program, please contact the Affordable Dwelling Unit at 703-737-8043. Please note that phone calls are accepted Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.