Affordable Dwelling Unit Program
COVID-19 Update for ADU Program
The Affordable Dwelling Unit (ADU) Program is still accepting applications online. Follow the links below for the ADU Purchase or ADU Rental programs for the appropriate online form. Applicants who need to supply hard copies of documentation are strongly encouraged to mail in documentation instead of dropping it off in person at the Shenandoah Building. For any questions, contact the Affordable Dwelling Unit at 703-737-8043, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- ADU staff is conducting virtual intake sessions instead of in-person sessions. If you have been scheduled for an intake session, directions on how to virtually participate will be e-mailed to you in advance of the intake session.
About the ADU Program
Loudoun County’s Affordable Dwelling Unit (ADU) program provides newly constructed, affordable rental and for-sale housing for income-eligible citizens who live and work in the county as the first priority.
ADU Purchase Program
- The ADU Purchase Program enables eligible first time homebuyers with moderate income the opportunity to purchase a newly constructed or resale ADU townhouse or condominium.
- Learn more and find out if you are eligible for the ADU Purchase Program.
ADU Rental Program
- This program enables eligible non-homeowners the opportunity to rent an apartment from a participating apartment complex, at a rent below that of similar units at the complex.
- ADU rental units are located throughout Loudoun County. Average rental rates range from approximately $630 to $1,300 depending on the type and size of the unit, not including the cost of utilities.
- Learn more and find out if you are eligible for the ADU Rental Program.
Information Sessions on ADU Process
03-23-20 Update: Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, future ADU Information sessions have been canceled out of an abundance of caution to protect the health, safety and well-being of citizens and staff. The information session is not mandatory. For questions about the ADU Program, call 703-737-8043.
- These sessions provide general information on how to apply to the program and the application process.
- This is not a mandatory session to apply to the program.
- Sessions are held on the fourth Thursday of each month, from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- Attending this session will not place you on the ADU waitlist.
- Space is limited: register by calling 703-737-8043. No walk-ins will be admitted.
- ADU Information Sessions are canceled when Loudoun County Public Schools are closed due to inclement weather.
For more information
Contact the Affordable Dwelling Unit at 703-737-8043, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.