Important Update for Virginia Medicaid Members
Virginia and other states will soon start to review Medicaid members’ health coverage. Update your contact information now to make sure you can be reached regarding important updates about your health coverage.
- Visit commonhelp.virginia.gov
- Call 1-855-242-8282 (TDD: 1-888-221-1590)
- Contact the Loudoun County Department of Family Services at 703-777-0353 or [email protected]
Public Assistance Programs
Residents in need of public assistance should contact the Loudoun County Department of Family Services, which coordinates the distribution of benefits according to the individual's level of need. The eligibility workers follow federal, state, and local policies (which have certain income / resource limits) to determine benefit amounts for each program.
Eligibility workers determine each client's eligibility for various public assistance programs, including:
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP- formerly Food Stamps)
- Fuel Assistance, and other programs.
TANF, SNAP, Medicaid and Fuel Assistance applications may be submitted on the CommonHelp secure website.
CommonHelp Opens a New Window. is a single online site which you can find out for what assistance you might be eligible and submit one application saving you time and effort.
Other things you can do on Commonhelp Opens a New Window. :
- Check your benefits
- Link your account to a case
- Renew your benefits
- Report changes to your case
- Update your account
In addition to public assistance, the Department of Family Services also coordinates the distribution of limited local resources to residents meeting eligibility criteria. Please refer to the Community Support Program for additional information.