The Loudoun County Zoning Ordinance defines and implements land use and design standards. The Zoning Ordinance:
- Provides details relevant to each specific zoning district
- Guidelines for the subdivision of land (minimum parcel size, yard requirements, etc.)
- Permitted and special exception uses
- Additional development requirements
The Zoning Ordinance does not apply to properties within the seven incorporated towns. Each town has its own Zoning Ordinance. Also, HOA covenants may place additional restrictions on possible uses.
Revised 1993 Loudoun County Zoning Ordinance
- Read Me Opens a New Window. Index of Zoning Ordinance Amendments (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Read Me First: How to Use the Bookmark and Search Functions (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Revised 1993 Zoning Ordinance (PDF) - Full Document
- Article 1: General Regulations (PDF)
- Article 2: Non-Suburban District Regulations (PDF)
- Article 3: Suburban District Regulations (PDF)
- Article 4: Special and Overlay Districts (PDF)
- Article 5: Additional Regulations and Standards (PDF)
- Article 6: Development Process and Administration (PDF)
- Article 7: Administration and Regulation of Affordable Dwelling Unit Developments (PDF)
- Article 8: Definitions (PDF)
- Appendix A - Land Development Application Fees (PDF)