The Loudoun County Support Coordination program coordinates the delivery of services for persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities. This includes a comprehensive assessment of individual needs in the following areas:
- DD Waiver Eligibility Screening
- Income / Finance
- Physical Health
- Psychological / Psychiatric Treatment
- Vocational Training / Employment
Once the individual has been assigned a Support Coordinator, an individualized service plan is prepared. The Support Coordinator then assists the individual and family by linking or connecting them with the identified, available service provider(s) or resources. Once the plan has been implemented, the Support Coordinator monitors the plan regularly to assure that the services are effectively meeting the individual's needs and that the individual is satisfied.
In order to be eligible for services, an individual must meet all of the criteria listed below. The Support Coordinator will work the individual to determine their eligibility.
- Be a resident of Loudoun County.
- Meet Virginia’s developmental disability or intellectual disability diagnosis (see definitions in § 37.2-100 of the Virginia Code).
- Meet functional eligibility of needing the same support as someone who is living in an intermediate care facility for individuals with intellectual disabilities. The Support Coordinator will work with the individual to complete a Virginia Individual Developmental Disabilities Eligibility Survey to determine this eligibility.
- Meet Medicaid financial eligibility.
- Be willing to accept services within 30 days of being offered a waiver slot assignment.
For More Information
To ask a question or request more information, please contact:
MHSADS, Sterling Office
21641 Ridgetop Circle, Suite 210
Sterling, VA 20166
MHSADS Access: 703-771-5155