The Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services (MHSADS) offers outpatient substance use treatment services to individuals and families.
Learn more about the department.
Substance use services may include:
- Assessment: Interviews and screenings that assess a variety of life domains to provide individualized treatment recommendations.
- Individual, Group, and/or Family Therapy: Skill- and evidence-based therapies tailored to each person’s treatment goals.
- Targeted Case Management: Person-centered, strength-based, and team-driven process for connecting individuals to care.
- Detox: Residential programs (provided through contracted community providers) for socially or medically-managed substance withdrawal and rehabilitation.
- Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT): Access to MAT and MAT medication (provided through contracted community providers) to relieve withdrawal symptoms, reduce cravings, and lower the chance of relapse and overdose related to opioids and/or alcohol.
- Psychiatric services by referral.
Contracted short-term intensive outpatient or residential services may also be provided, if needed. All services begin with an assessment to identify the individual’s needs and recommendations for appropriate level of care.
102 Heritage Way, NE
Leesburg, VA 20176
MHSADS, Sterling Office
21641 Ridgetop Circle
Sterling, VA 20166
For More Information
- MHSADS Information and Referral: 703-771-5155
- Emergency Services: 703-777-0320