Loudoun County does not offer trash or recycling collection services.
Curbside trash and recycling collection services are provided by town governments, some homeowners associations, and private trash / recycling removal companies.
Where Do You Live?
- I live in an incorporated town or HOA.
Visit HOAs and Towns for contact information regarding the town or HOA where you live.
- I do not live in an incorporated town or HOA - or - I do not have services provided.
Visit Permitted Collectors for contact information regarding trash and recycling services and to set them up directly.
Please note - private trash / recycling collection services vary from place to place. Ask your realtor, landlord, or a neighbor about trash and recycling collection in your community.
Loudoun County Landfill & Recycling Centers
You may also bring your trash directly to the Loudoun County Landfill.
Loudoun Water, formerly the Loudoun County Sanitation Authority, provides public water and sewer service for Loudoun County residents who live outside incorporated towns.
The incorporated towns in Loudoun County are responsible for providing water and sewer service to residents of the towns. Town residents with questions or problems regarding these services should contact their town government.
Brochures and Forms
- Loudoun County Landfill Brochure (PDF)
- Residential Recycling Guide (Flipbook)
- Recycle Rate Report Form (DOC)
Guidance on Residential Curbside Contracts
- General Contract Components (PDF)
- Loudoun County Requirements (PDF)
- Performance Measures, Outreach, and Education (PDF)
- Chapter 1084: Solid Waste Collection and Transportation Ordinance
- Chapter 1086: Solid Waste Reduction and Recycling Ordinance
Solid Waste Documents
- A to Z Local Recycling Resources (PDF)
- Solid Waste Management Plan (PDF)
- Loudoun County Landfill