Schedule inspections through the Web Automated Inspection Request System (WAIRS) for the following permit types:
- Fire protection
Instructions for using WAIRS
- WAIRS may also be used to cancel inspections and obtain inspection results. Inspections may be scheduled for the following work day or for a future date, but may not be scheduled for weekend or county holidays. The cut-off time for scheduling/requesting inspections for the following workday is 12 midnight.
- Inspections are completed between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Re-inspection fees may be charged when inspections are performed for work not ready for inspection.
- It is strongly recommended you keep your permit number(s) in a secure location.
- Only those authorized to schedule inspections for the job should have access to the permit number(s).
- For inquiries about the building code, building plan review and building inspections, contact the Building Code Enforcement / Inspections Division at 703-777-0220.
- Inspectors may be reached in the office from 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. and from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.