Licensed Preschool Program
Parks, Recreation, and Community Services provides licensed childcare for three to five-year-old (potty-trained) children at several community centers. Our full-time and half-time program provides a safe, healthy learning environment with age-appropriate activities that promote the physical, social and intellectual growth of children
- Our preschool staff is dedicated to helping children develop the skills essential for success in school and in life through creative, hands-on experiences.
- Our play-based curriculum allows children to experience social interaction, discovery, problem-solving and creating -- all in the context of fun!
- The PRCS licensed preschool program serves children ages 2.5 to 5.
- The preschool program runs September through May.
- We use the nationally recognized Creative Curriculum For Preschool® to enhance each child's learning ability.
- Detailed information can also be found in the current Preschool Parent Handbook (PDF)Opens a New Window.
- Registration is on a lottery basis and subject to availability. Registration is open at each location until classes are full.
- Registration for families currently enrolled in Preschool will be held prior to open registration.
- Open registration for remaining spaces will take place January 7 to 17.
- A $50 non-refundable deposit is required upon registration to guarantee your child's space.
- The Virginia Department of Social Services requires proof of current immunization, proof of age and an application form.
- Once your child has been enrolled in our licensed programs please find information on instructions, required forms and document submissions (PDF).
|Bluemont Community Center||33846 Snickersville Turnpike
Bluemont, VA 20143
|Claude Moore Recreation &
|4611 Loudoun Park Lane
Sterling, VA 20164
|Douglass Community Center||405 E. Market Street
Leesburg, VA 20176
|Loudoun Valley Community Center||320 W. School Street
Purcellville, VA 20132
|Lovettsville Community Center||57 East Broad Way
Lovettsville, VA 20180
|Lucketts Community Center||42361 Lucketts Road
Leesburg, VA 20176
|Philomont Community Center||36592 Jeb Stuart Road
Philomont, VA 20131
- Healthy breakfasts and snacks are provided.
- Full-time hours are 7 a.m. to 6:15 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Contact the nearest Community Center for more information and availability.
- Find more information in the current Child Care Parent Handbook (PDF) Opens a New Window. .
|Type of Care||Hours||Fee|
|Full-Time Care||7 a.m. to 6:15 pm||$235 per week|
|Part-Time||up to 20 hours per week||$170 per week|
|Part-Time||up to 30 hours per week||$210 per week|
|Drop-In Care*||Available Basis||$10 per hour|